How to Integrate Marketo
Triblio's Marketo integration allows you to import Marketo segments for use in your Triblio audiences. You will also be able to pull IPs and cookies you have already collected through your Marketo efforts to identify "Known Visitors" in Triblio. This guide will show you how to set up and make best use of the Marketo integration.
- Setup Steps
- How to identify Known Visitors in Triblio using Marketo data
- Best practices for using Marketo segments in your ABM campaigns
1. Log in to Triblio and click "Setup" at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
2. You will be taken to a new tab. Click "Marketo" from the left-hand menu and enter your authentication info:
- To retrieve your Marketo Client ID and Client Secret, log in to Marketo and go to 'LaunchPoint'
- Click 'View Details' next to the integrating user and copy the Client ID and Secret into Triblio
- To find your Marketo Base URL, return to Marketo and go to 'Web Services'
- Copy the Endpoint URL up through the “.com” and paste it into the Marketo Base URL field in Triblio. Make sure to exclude “/rest” or anything else that comes after ".com"
3. Enter a daily API call limit. This limit will set the max number of times Triblio is able to pull data from your Marketo within one day. The default is 5,000.
4. Click 'Authenticate'
How to identify Known Visitors in Triblio using Marketo data
Triblio can use your existing Marketo cookies to identify known visitors when they visit your site. To do this, you'll need to create a Marketo Smart List of all known contacts and import it into Triblio by creating a Data Sync Audience.
Triblio defines a "Known Visitor" as any website visitor who has previously "raised their hand" by submitting a form or clicking on a marketing email.
- Log into Marketo and create a new Smart list that includes all known contacts and name it “Triblio - Data Sync”. We recommend building this list using the following criteria:
- Any contact who has submitted a form in the past 24 months
- Any contact who has clicked on a marketing email in the past 24 months
- Next we need to build a Data Sync audience. Log into Triblio and click "Audience" in the left-hand navigation panel.
- Click "New Audience" in the top left. Name the audience “@DataSync” and click "Create".
- The audience will be empty. To add to the audience you need to choose a criteria from the right side right 'Add Criterion' menu. For the Data Sync audience, click 'Marketing Automation.'
- Click "Marketo Smart List" in the window that pops up. This will add a criteria block to the audience.
- Click the Marketo Smart List criteria where it says "Click to configure"
- A window will pop-up and once it loads (this may take a second), you should see a list of your Marketo smart lists under Segment Name'. If you do not see this list, please let your CSM know.
- Search for the “Triblio - Data Sync” smart list that you created in step 1 and select it.
- At the bottom of the window, you can choose to "target by:" IP address, by cookie, or by both. For this list, select ‘IP Address and Cookie’ to fully and accurately track and target your Marketo contacts in Triblio.
- IP Address - includes any visitor using the same IP address as the contact.
- Cookie - includes the specific Marketo contact based on previous form fills.
- Click "Save"
You will now see a yellow "Syncing" tag on the criteria. This tag will persist until the list is finished importing. This can take up to several hours depending on the size of your Data Sync list. Going forward, Triblio will sync with this list every 24 hours in order to import cookies from newly converted contacts.
Here are a few common ways to use marketing automation lists
in your ABM campaigns:
- Add cross-channel consistency to your email nurture campaigns by targeting your contact lists with Triblio display ads
- Import a list of previously converted contacts and target them with Overlay CTA offers based on persona
- Use website personalization to promote an upcoming webinar to a list of previous webinar attendees