TUX: How To Integrate Hubspot Marketing Automation
Triblio's HubSpot integration allows you to import HubSpot segments for use in your Triblio audiences. You will also be able to pull IPs and cookies you have already collected through your HubSpot efforts to identify "Known Visitors" in Triblio. This guide will show you how to set up and make best use of the HubSpot integration.
- Authorize HubSpot in Triblio
- Identify Known Visitors in Triblio using HubSpot data
- Best practices for using HubSpot segments in your ABM campaigns
Authorize HubSpot in Triblio
- Log-in to Triblio and navigate to TUX
- Click "Setup" at the bottom of the left-hand menu (next to the gear icon).
- The set-up menu will open. Click 'HubSpot Set-Up' from the left-hand menu.
- Click ‘Authorize Triblio.’
- You will be directed to your HubSpot account and HubSpot will walk you through the remaining implementation steps.
Note: Depending on browser settings, when you click on "HubSpot" you may see a pop-up blocked notification. Turn that off to have the new page load.
Identify Known Visitors in Triblio using HubSpot data
Triblio can use your existing HubSpot cookies to identify known visitors when they visit your site via a Data Sync audience. To do this, you'll need to create a HubSpot list of all known contacts and import it into Triblio by creating a Data Sync audience.
Triblio defines a "Known Visitor" as any website visitor who has previously "raised their hand" by submitting a form or clicking on a marketing email.
- In your HubSpot account, create a new Smart list that includes all known contacts and name it “Triblio - Data Sync.” We recommend building this list using the following criteria:
- Any contact that has submitted a form in the past 24 months
- Any contact that has clicked an email in the past 24 months
- Next we need to build a Data Sync audience. Log into TUX and click "Audience" in the left-hand navigation panel (next to the people icon).
- Click "New Audience" in the top right. Name the audience “@DataSync” and click "Create".
- The audience will be empty. To add to the audience you need to choose a criteria from the right side right 'Add Criterion' menu. For the Data Sync audience, click 'Hubspot List'
- A window will pop-up and you should see a list of your HubSpot lists under 'Segment Name'. If you do not see this list your HubSpot integration may not be fully configured. Please reach out to your CSM.
- Search for the “Triblio - Data Sync” list that you created in HubSpot and select it - click 'Save Criteria' in bottom right.
You will now see an orange "Syncing" tag on the criteria. This tag will persist until the list is finished importing. This can take up to several hours depending on the size of your Data Sync list. Going forward, Triblio will sync with this list every 24 hours in order to import cookies from newly converted contacts.
Here are a few common ways to use marketing automation lists
in your ABM campaigns:
- Add cross-channel consistency to your email nurture campaigns by targeting your contact lists with Triblio display ads
- Import a list of previously converted contacts and target them with Overlay CTA offers based on persona
- Use website personalization to promote an upcoming webinar to a list of previous webinar attendees