TUX: How to Integrate Pardot
Triblio's Pardot integration allows you to import Pardot lists for use in your Triblio audiences. You will also be able to pull IPs and cookies you have already collected through your Pardot efforts to identify "Known Visitors" in Triblio. This guide will show you how to set up and make best use of the Pardot integration.
- Authorize Pardot
- How to identify Known Visitors in Triblio using Pardot data
- Best practices for using Pardot segments in your ABM campaigns
- Log-in to Salesforce with the user account you'd like to use to authorize the Pardot connector. Best practice is to use a non-human Salesforce user (e.g. email@example.com). The user who authorizes needs to have admin access in Pardot.
- Log in to Triblio, navigate to TUX and click "Setup" at the bottom of the left-hand menu. The setup menu will open.
- Click "Pardot" from the left-hand menu and enter your Pardot Business Unit ID.How to find your Pardot Business Unit ID: From Marketing Setup, in the Quick Find box, enter Pardot, and then select Pardot Account Setup. Your business unit ID begins with "0Uv" and is 18 characters long. If you can't access Pardot Account Setup, ask your Salesforce Administrator to give you the Pardot Business Unit ID.
- If you have a custom Salesforce URL, expand the Advanced drop down and enter your custom Salesforce URL.
- Once everything is filled out, click ‘Authenticate.’ You will be redirected to Salesforce authorize the connection.
How to Identify Known Visitors in Triblio using Pardot data
Triblio can use your existing Pardot cookies to identify known visitors when they visit your site via a Data Sync audience. To do this, you'll need to create a Pardot list of all known contacts and import it into Triblio by creating a Data Sync audience.
Triblio defines a "Known Visitor" as any website visitor who has previously "raised their hand" by submitting a form or clicking on a marketing email.
- In your Pardot account, create a new dynamic list that includes all known contacts and name it “Triblio - Data Sync.” The list needs to be dynamic so it will update with any new form fills. We recommend building this list using the following criteria:
- Any contact who has submitted a form in the past 24 months
- Any contact who has clicked on a marketing email in the past 24 months
- Next we need to build a Data Sync audience. Log into TUX and click "Audience" in the left-hand navigation panel (next to the people icon).
- Click "New Audience" in the top right. Name the audience “@DataSync” and click "Create".
- The audience will be empty. To add to the audience you need to choose a criteria from the right side right 'Add Criterion' menu. For the Data Sync audience, click 'Salesforce Pardot'
- A window will pop-up and you should see a list of your HubSpot lists under 'List Name'.
- If you do not see this list your Pardot integration may not be fully configured. Please reach out to your CSM.
- Search for the “Triblio - Data Sync” list that you created in Pardot and select it.
- Search for the “Triblio - Data Sync” list that you created in Pardot and select it - click 'Save Criteria' in bottom right.
- IP Address - includes any visitor using the same IP address as the contact.
- Cookie - includes the specific Pardot contact based on previous form fills.
- Click ‘Save.’
You will now see a yellow "Syncing" tag on the criteria. This tag will persist until the list is finished importing. This can take up to several hours depending on the size of your Data Sync list. Going forward, Triblio will sync with this list every 24 hours in order to import cookies from newly converted contacts.
Here are a few common ways to use marketing automation lists
in your ABM campaigns:
- Add cross-channel consistency to your email nurture campaigns by targeting your contact lists with Triblio display ads
- Import a list of previously converted contacts and target them with Overlay CTA offers based on persona
- Use website personalization to promote an upcoming webinar to a list of previous webinar attendees