TUX: How to Integrate SugarCRM
Triblio's SugarCRM integration makes it easy to create and and manage target account audiences using your SugarCRM data.
- Create Triblio API and OAuth Key
- Authorize SugarCRM Access
- Map SugarCRM Accounts to Triblio
- Add Blacklist Accounts (optional)
- Sync Account Records (optional)
- Setup Triblio ABM Analytics
- Sync Triblio data to SugarCRM fields
1. Create Triblio API and OAuth Key
Before you can authorize your SugarCRM account in Triblio, you need to create a Triblio API in SugarCRM. You will also need to create OAuth keys.
- Under your Admin settings in SugarCRM click on 'Configure API Platforms'.
- Type Triblio into the text box under API Platforms. Select 'add' and then save.
- Navigate back to the Admin Settings and select 'OAuth Keys'.
- From the OAuth Keys dropdown, select 'Create OAuth Key'.
- You will be prompted to input a Consumer Key Name, Consumer Key, and a Consumer Secret. Insert the below:
- Consumer Key Name: Triblio API
- Consumer Key: 0685905e-c893-47b2-802b-d28bef93be0a
- Consumer Secret: fd528deb-55fa-4a4b-86d3-a432603cba8b
2. Authorize SugarCRM Access
Any user with API access can be used to authorize Triblio. If preferred, you can create a new user just for the authorization process. You can also limit this new user to only access certain fields within SugarCRM if you only want the integration to read specific fields.
- Log in to Triblio, navigate to TUX and click "Setup" at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
- Click "SugarCRM Setup" from the left-hand menu to open the SugarCRM Management section
- Click 'CRM Integration'
- Input the Username and Password to access your SugarCRM instance. Remember this account should have read/write access and admin privileges.
- Input your base URL and then click 'Authorize'.
- Confirm that Triblio is pulling in data from SugarCRM:
- Navigate to the audience tab
- Choose 'Add Audience' and create a new audience
- Select 'SugarCRM Accounts' under the 'Criteria' menu on the right
- Click your new 'SugarCRM Accounts' audience criteria
- Select 'Reports' from the
- Confirm that your reports are loading in
3. Map SugarCRM Accounts to Triblio
- Once SugarCRM is authorized, go back to the SugarCRM set up page and scroll down to step two.
- Determine a field to map Triblio activity to SugarCRM accounts.
- This mapping is done on the domain level, so choose your SugarCRM field(s) where the domain is stored. The standard field is 'Website'.You also want to map your account ownership. The standard field is 'assigned_user_id. The standard field to map user is 'id'.
4. Add Blacklist Accounts (Optional)
If you have accounts (i.e. agencies, partners, your parent or child company) whose domain may be listed across many account records, you can choose to exclude those domains from any mappings.
- From the HubSpot CRM Set Up Page, click on the 'Edit Blacklisted Accounts' button
- In the box that pops up, enter the domains of the accounts you would like to exclude from data syncing
5. Sync Account Records (Optional)
Triblio will automatically sync with your account records overnight; however if you'd like to kickstart the process, you can 'Sync Account Records'. Know that this will use SugarCRM API calls to sync the records.
6. Setup ABM Analytics Module
Triblio's ABM Analytics Module allows you to see account-level activity and intent signals embedded directly into your SugarCRM accounts record.
How it works:
Triblio’s integration pulls first and third-party intent data for known and unknown visitors into a smart panel embedded in SugarCRM's account records. For each account, it tracks indicators of purchase intent such as the number of unique visitors, surges in third-party research, account engagement over time, and content consumption. Discover when your accounts are interested and what they’re interested in to shape cadences and improve response rates.
The instructions are listed under the ABM Analytics Setup tab.
Once you've used Module Loader in SugarCRM to upload and install the package, navigate to an account record, click the hamburger menu in the bottom left, and select "Add Dashlet". Then, select the Triblio dashlet and save the change.
Note: In order for the Triblio Sales Acceleration Module to show data in Sugar, you will need to add *.triblio.com to your Sugar Content Security Policy Settings, allowing our iframe to load in Sugar. You can do this by navigating to Admin -> Content Security Policy Settings -> Adding *.triblio.com in both fields and clicking "Save".
7. Sync Triblio data to SugarCRM fields
One of Triblio's popular integrations is the platform's ability to sync account-level data to your associated SugarCRM account records. Note: You need to ensure the API user that Triblio connects through has read/write access to any fields you wish to sync.
How to Set Up Triblio to SugarCRM Field Syncs:
- Review the recommended and available fields below and choose which fields match the data you would like to pull from Triblio into SugarCRM.
- Create your chosen fields in your SugarCRM. Be sure to build the correct field type by referencing 'Field Type' listed in the second to last column of the list below.
- To make the fields easy to find when setting up mappings, name the fields with Triblio at the beginning such as 'Triblio Smart Score.'
- Ensure there are no validation requirements on the fields or the API user won't be able to save them properly.
- Once the fields are created in SugarCRM, log-in to Triblio and navigate to the SugarCRM Integration Management dashboard in set-up.
- Scroll down to 'Advanced Set-Up' and click on the orange 'Syncs' button.
- Once you click 'Syncs' a button to 'Add Sync' will appear below. Click the button and a modal will pop up.
- Choose the 'Sync Type' from the drop down list.
- There are ten different sync types. Triblio Account Field Value is the most common.
- In the list of available fields below you will find the sync type in the last column.
- Once you've chosen the 'Sync Type' click 'Add Sync Field'
- Choose the 'Triblio Account Field To Sync From' from the drop down menu and then choose the matching field in your SugarCRM instance.
- Ex. '# of Pages Visited - Last 30 Days' will sync to 'Triblio # of Pages Visited - Last 30 Days'
- Click Save.
- To sync the data right away, click 'Sync Now' next to each field type. You can also wait until you have added all of your desired sync fields and click 'Sync All' at the top of the list'. These syncs will now run automatically every 24 hours.
- Triblio Smart Score
- Intent - # Surging Topics (A synced value from Triblio representing the # of Surging topics according to Bombora)
- Triblio Ad Impressions (Last 180 Days)
- # of Visitors (Last 90 Days)
- Optional: # of Employees (if you want to filter for only Enterprise accounts or similar)
All Available Fields
Each of these fields will contain data rolled up to the account level.
Field Data Overview
|Field Type||Triblio Sync Type|
|Account Score||Account score quantifies account engagement with your website using a traditional scoring model (x points for y actions). It incorporates website activity. Can be synced for the last 7, 30, or 90 days.||Number||Triblio Account Field Value|
|# Visitors||Total number of unique devices from this account that have visited your site. Metrics can be synced for the last 7, 30, or 90 days. There is a "with read" variant of this sync type that only counts visitors who had a page view lasting 30+ seconds.||Number||Triblio Account Field Value|
|# Known Visitors||The total number of known visitors from an account. Known visitors are website visitors that we can identify down to an email address based on cookies from your marketing automation. Can be synced for the last 7, 30, or 90 days. There is a "with read" variant of this sync type that only counts known visitors who had a page view lasting 30+ seconds.||Number||Triblio Account Field Value|
|# Unknown Visitors||The total number of unique devices from an account that have visited your site, excluding any known visitors (a visitor with an associated email address, derived from your marketing automation tool). Can be synced for the last 7, 30, or 90 days. There is a "with read" variant of this sync type that only counts unknown visitors who had a page view lasting 30+ seconds.||Number||Triblio Account Field Value|
|# Pages Visited||The total number of page views by all visitors from the account. This will include activity from all pages where your Triblio scripts are deployed. Can be synced for the last 7, 30, or 90 days.||Number||Triblio Account Field Value|
|# Ad Impressions||# of Triblio ad impressions associated to the account during the specified date range. Can be synced for the last 90 or 180 days.||Number||Triblio Account Field Value|
| # LinkedIn Ad
|# of LinkedIn ad impressions associated to the account during the specified date range. Note: Triblio only ingests LinkedIn Clicks and Impressions from LinkedIn campaigns that are linked to a LinkedIn matched audience campaign/orchestration element in Triblio.||Number||Triblio Account Field Value|
|# Ad Clicks||# of Triblio ad clicks associated to the account during the specified date range. Metrics can be synced for the last 90 or 180 days.||Number||Triblio Account Field Value|
| # LinkedIn Ad
|# of LinkedIn ad clicks associated to the account during the specified date range. Metrics can be synced for the last 90 or 180 days. Note: Triblio only ingests LinkedIn Clicks and Impressions from LinkedIn campaigns that are linked to a LinkedIn matched audience campaign/orchestration element in Triblio.||Number|| Triblio Account
|Ad Engagements||Ad clicks that resulted in a subsequent page view on your site within 10 minutes of the initial click. Metrics can be synced for the last 7, 30, or 90 days.||Number||Triblio Account Field Value|
|Reach Score||The quality of the reach you are getting with ads at a given account. The score ranges from 0-10, with 0 meaning no reach and 10 meaning excellent reach. This metric includes the size of the account, the number of unique visitors we are getting ads in front of, and the frequency in which we are getting ads in front of them. Can be synced for the last 7, 30, and 90 days.||Number||Triblio Account Field Value|
| Web Personalization
|The # of unique website visitors with a personalization click over the indicated date range. Can be synced for the last 7, 30, or 90 days.||Number|| Triblio Account
|Is MQA||This field indicates whether or not the account has reached the MQA status in Triblio (MQA is a user-configurable Account Score threshold)||Checkbox||Is MQA|
|MQA Date||The date the account became an MQA||Date||MQA Date|
|First Activity Date||The first date we tracked the account visiting your website.||Date||First Activity Date|
|Most Recent Visit Date||The most recent date we tracked the account visiting your website.||Date||Most Recent Visit Date|
|Surge Topic Score||The surge score for a given topic over the last week. Note: Make sure to name the field with the topic name in it. This field requires Bombora Data.||Number||Bombora Intent Data Value|
|Average Surge Cluster Score||The average surge score for a given cluster of topics over the last week. Note: Make sure the field name in SugarCRM communicates the content of the synced intent topic cluster. Requires Bombora Data, Neon Intent Data or G2 Intent Data.||Number||Bombora, Neon, or G2 Intent Data Value|
|Max Surge Score||The highest surge score across all the currently surging selected topics over the last week. It can include all topics or a subset of your topics. Requires Bombora Data, Neon Intent Data or G2 Intent Data.||Number||Bombora, Neon, or G2 Intent Data Value|
|# Surging Topics||The total number of surging topics over the last week. It can include all topics or a subset of your topics. Requires Bombora Data, Neon Intent Data or G2 Intent Data.||Number||Bombora, Neon, or G2 Intent Data Value|
|Triblio Smart Score||The account's current Smart Score. Smart Score quantifies an account's engagement trend compared to their historical engagement baseline on a scale of 50-100 (50 being baseline, 100 being a massive spike of intent vs. historical baseline)||Number|| Triblio Account
|Most Recent Read Date||The most recent date we tracked a page read (page view lasting 30+ seconds) on your site from the account.||Date||Most Recent Read Date|
|Text Value||Allows you to sync any text value you'd like to a field on the account record in SugarCRM. This can be limited to accounts in a select audience by using the "Only Sync on Account Audience Match" toggle.||Text||Text Value|
|Assorted firmographic values||Account name, domain, country, city, region, street, postal code, phone number, revenue, revenue code, employees, employee code, industry, sub-industry, NAIC name, SIC code, SIC name||Text|| Triblio Account
Check Sync StatusFrom within Triblio, you are able to see the sync status of every account you sync to Triblio using the 'SugarCRM Sync Status' dashboard. This is handy if you ever need to see which accounts were synced most recently, what data was written to those accounts, and if the bulk updates encountered any errors.
- The top will summarize the latest sync and the account list below will show every account Triblio attempted to sync.
- Any account that has an issue will have a red "error" box in the status column. Click 'View Sync Data' to discover what is causing the account not to sync.
- Download the full sync report by clicking the 'Download Sync Verification CSV' button to the top right of the account list.
- The 'Synced At' dropdown in the top right will show the date and time of the most recent syncs