How to Integrate Pardot
Triblio's Pardot integration allows you to import Pardot lists for use in your Triblio audiences. You will also be able to pull IPs and cookies you have already collected through your Pardot efforts to identify "Known Visitors" in Triblio. This guide will show you how to set up and make best use of the Pardot integration.
- Setup Steps
- How to identify Known Visitors in Triblio using Pardot data
- Best practices for using Pardot segments in your ABM campaigns
- Log-in to Pardot.
- Log in to Triblio and click "Setup" at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
- You will be taken to a new tab. Click "Pardot" from the left-hand menu and enter your authentication info with your Pardot log-in and user key
- To find your user key, log-in to Pardot, navigate to settings, click on 'My User Information' and copy the API User Key
- Once everything is filled out, click ‘Authenticate.’ You will receive an on screen notification when Pardot has been authorized.
How to Identify Known Visitors in Triblio using Pardot data
Triblio can use your existing Pardot cookies to identify known visitors when they visit your site via a Data Sync audience. To do this, you'll need to create a Pardot list of all known contacts and import it into Triblio by creating a Data Sync audience.
Triblio defines a "Known Visitor" as any website visitor who has previously "raised their hand" by submitting a form or clicking on a marketing email.
- In your Pardot account, create a new dynamic list that includes all known contacts and name it “Triblio - Data Sync.” The list needs to be dynamic so it will update with any new form fills. We recommend building this list using the following criteria:
- Any contact who has submitted a form in the past 24 months
- Any contact who has clicked on a marketing email in the past 24 months
- IP Address - includes any visitor using the same IP address as the contact.
- Cookie - includes the specific Pardot contact based on previous form fills.
You will now see a yellow "Syncing" tag on the criteria. This tag will persist until the list is finished importing. This can take up to several hours depending on the size of your Data Sync list. Going forward, Triblio will sync with this list every 24 hours in order to import cookies from newly converted contacts.
Here are a few common ways to use marketing automation lists
in your ABM campaigns:
- Add cross-channel consistency to your email nurture campaigns by targeting your contact lists with Triblio display ads
- Import a list of previously converted contacts and target them with Overlay CTA offers based on persona
- Use website personalization to promote an upcoming webinar to a list of previous webinar attendees